Abstract, Poster and Manuscript Submission
As with previous AFMC conferences, the AFMC 2022 organizing committee will be working with the International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow to publish a special issue. Conference paper submissions will be assessed by the conference chairs and by the editors of IJHFF. Note that chairs will also be using presentations as part of the selection process for the special issue. Authors of the most outstanding contributions which align with the scope of the journal will be invited by the journal to submit extended contributions for inclusion into the AFMC 2022-special issue.
Please see the manuscript submission portal for announcements regarding submission.
Please use the templates below to format your paper.
Manuscript Template – Word
Extended Abstract Template – Word
Manuscript Template – LaTeX
Extended Abstract Template – LaTeX
AFMS guidance regarding licensing of papers submitted to AFMC:
19 July : Last day to edit the 1 page abstracts for all submission types. The 1 page abstracts can now be updated if there have been changes since the original submission or changes required by the reviewers. Changes will be possible until 19th July. These abstracts will be included in the Book of Abstracts. To update the abstract simply upload a new version of the PDF through the submission portal.
19 July : Authors should indicate what submission type they wish to proceed with. The choices are : Listed paper, Non-listed paper, Extended abstract, and Poster. Notes on what these mean are given below.
To select a submission type:
- go to the submission portal (https://www.openconf.org/afmc2022/openconf.php) choose ‘Edit Submission’ and sign in with Submission ID
- then navigate to the ‘Comments’ section at the bottom of the submission page and select the submission type from the drop down menu.
19 July : Submission deadline for Listed papers, Non-listed paper and Extended abstracts. The PDFs must be uploaded through the submission portal.
1 Nov: Submission deadline for Posters. PDFs must be uploaded through the submission portal. These will be included in the conference proceedings.
Notes on Submission Types:
- Listed paper: will be subject to the usual peer review process and be listed individually in the proceedings. There will be an oral presentation associated with each submission as usual.
- Non-listed paper: will be subject to a shorter peer review process. All non-listed papers will be included in the proceedings as a single PDF file. There will be an oral presentation associated with each submission as usual.
- Extended abstract: will be subject to a shorter peer review process. All extended abstracts will be included in the proceedings as a single PDF file. There will be an oral presentation associated with each submission as usual.
- Posters: will not be reviewed. Digital submissions of posters (due 1 Nov) will be included in the proceedings as a single PDF file. There will be a poster presentation event during the conference but no oral presentation. The format requirements for these will be released shortly.
- Listed papers will be indexed by databases such as Scopus. All other submission types will not be indexed by databases.